We are putting a call out for volunteers to join the COMBINE Symposium 2018 Organising Committee.
The symposium is our premier event for the year, held in conjunction with the ABACBS conference, and provides an opportunity for students from across Australia to present their work. The organising committee will be responsible for planning and running the symposium which will be held at the University of Melbourne on November 26 this year. While we would love you to be able to make it to the symposium (to benefit from all your hard work), it is not required. Melbourne is the focus for this year but students from across the country are encouraged to get involved, particularly from NSW as the symposium will be held in Sydney in 2019. The chance to be involved in organising a national event is a rare opportunity, looks great on a resume and should be a lot of fun!
We are looking for people to fill the following roles:
- Graphic designer – Design the symposium program and advertising
- Social night coordinator – Organise the social night which will be held following the symposium. This is a chance for attendees to gather and network in a more formal setting.
- Careers panel coordinator – Bring together a panel of computational biologists from a variety of fields and career paths to give advice and guidance to students. The careers panel will be held in the afternoon of the symposium.
- Sponsorship coordinator – Work with the ABACBS conference committee to obtain sponsorship and funding, including helping to design the prospectus and contacting potential sponsors. Great opportunity to rub shoulders with senior computational biologists.
- General members – Contribute to discussion and planning for the symposium and help out as required.
There will also be opportunities to be involved in a program committee which will select the abstracts to be presented at the symposium.
If you are interested in being on the committee, or just want to hear more about what it involved, please fill out this form and we will be in contact with our first meeting soon! If you just have a question you can contact us at email@example.com.
COMBINE 2018 Co-chairs
Lucy Liu and Owen Qin