The two-day workshop aims to introduce attendees to genome assembly using long-read data. As part of this workshop participants will perform a hands-on comparison between short and long-read microbial genome assemblies.
Topics covered by this workshop include:
- Introduction to long-read sequencing
- Practical considerations when performing long-read sequencing and analysis
- Introduction to the command line interface and NGS file formats
- Short and long-read de novo genome assembly (microbial)
- Comparison between short and long-read assemblies
For more details and registration head to http://www.bioplatforms.com/longread-syd-2017/.