The RNA-Seq Data Analysis With R workshop will introduce attendees to the R software environment and the specific skills and applications used in R-based RNA-Seq data analysis.
During this course you will learn:
- Upload and process data in R to generate plots, figures and tables
- Create and run functions in R
- Create reports interactively in R
- Write your own R script for data processing
- Import RNA-Seq data to R as data objects
- Carry out standard QC tests
- Use the limma-voom R package to produce lists of differentially expressed genes between pairs of samples
- Identify over-represented gene ontology categories in gene lists using the GOStats package
This workshop has been designed for life scientists who have specific interests in RNA-Seq data analysis in R. The workshop assumes that attendees have a general understanding of NGS technology. The workshop will include an introduction to R and as such no prior experience with the command line is required.
Preference will be given to medical researchers from NSW and ACT based organisations.
Dr Xin-Yi Chua (Head of Informatics, QFAB Bioinformatics) will be the trainer for this workshop.
This workshop will run over 2.5 days and will be delivered using a mixture of lectures, hands-on practical sessions, and open discussions. For draft timetable please click here.