Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre (Peter Mac) is the largest cancer research centre in Australia, uniquely integrating basic, translational and clinical research with patient care in the setting of a specialist cancer hospital.
We are currently seeking a Bioinformatician / LIMS programmer to provide general programming and analysis support to the Bioinformatics Core and Molecular Genomics Core Facilities.
This role would suit candidates with a Computer Science background and 2-5 years of experience with genomic sequencing data analysis/management. Excellent programming skills are required, preferably in Java/Groovy. A working knowledge with LIMS is desired. More specifically the candidate is expected to have:
- BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or Bioinformatics
- Excellent Java or Groovy programming skills
- Solid experience in handling next-generation sequencing data
- Some experience with LIMS
- Some experience with REST API’s and LINUX
- A broad understanding of genomics
- An interest in cancer research
- Excellent verbal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and or a member of a team
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and coordinating software programs related to the analysis of genomics data, as well as providing programming support to the operation and evaluation of sequencing experiments.
Since this position sits between the Bioinformatics and Molecular Genomics Cores, and is aimed at providing resources to researchers, good communications skills and the capacity to work as a team will be highly regarded.
For more information on the position, or to apply, go here: http://www.seek.com.au/job/30879035?savedSearchID=9398614&tracking=JMC-SAU-eDM-JobMail4.01-3881
Applications CLOSE 19th May 2016